. . . . . . . . . . - - - - - - - - - - - . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - - - - - - - - - - - . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



Sunday, February 26, 2006

A Small Bit of Progress

Spent the majority of my weekend working on drawings for this project, will post photos soon of the two walls I've nearly finished... Taking awhile because I'm working with charcoal on 2'x3' paper.
Yes 2x3 foot paper. One of the big huge yellow pads of doom. (Ganked from Tom since all my old pads are at home. thankyouuuu~~~) I tend toward a lot of ridiculously minute details in my drawings (and all my work, really.. *typing this while waiting for a working copy of video project to export..definitely going to take like >15min*), so I decided to go about this the smart way and draw things large enough to fit all the detail I want, that way I won't be squinting at the page trying to fix details in each millimeter of space.
Of course, now I'm going to lose a lot of detail when I shrink things down.. but at least it's there, it'll look so much better.

I'm in the lab working on video for awhile now, mainly because I nearly made my fingertips bleed from rubbing charcoal into paper for like six hours at a stretch for the past two days. Wheeeeeeee.

In any case, I think I've decided to do most of the objects for putting on shelves and things seperately, and sticking them into place through Photoshop, mainly because I haven't decided exactly what objects are going to go into it, nor how many, and putting small things in like that will be easy enough. I've sketched out a lot of things, but need to be sure I don't add in like too many vases or too many books or whatever, and if I added in all the little things now and then decided to change them, it would involve re-drawing parts of larger objects and things, and it'd just be a bitch. But all the main furniture and features are there, I just need to go in and do some detail work, add in a small shelf I forgot on the first wall, and put the floor in on the second wall.

And I think I'm going to try to just take digital pictures of the drawings, then fling those into Photoshop to work with that way, because trying to scan in a 2'x3' charcoal drawing would be far more trouble than slightly better quality images would be worth - and y'all know I'm ridiculous when it comes to image quality. But will probably warm the tone of the drawings a little, and possibly grunge them up a little and add some more lighting in Photoshop, just little atmosphere things.. which'll be interesting, cos I've never really done that with full-out drawings before.

...

...a post here, a post on my blog for video, and my damn video is STILL only half exported. damnit. -_-;;

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


. . . . . . . . . . - - - - - - - - - - - . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - - - - - - - - - - - . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - - - - - - - - - - - . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - - - - - - - - - - - . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
My Photo
Name:Melissa Antes
Location:Fredonia, New York, United States
Schedule
re: in-class discussion
Reply to Questions/Comments
Proposal & Responses
safari sucks like whoa
...
Layout
Snow Crash
Media Artist HW
Homework

beneath the dust (novel)
meda495
exp vid - an angel hits the ground
emulsion01
***stardust
my livejournal
Desert Songs
Blogger