. . . . . . . . . . - - - - - - - - - - - . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - - - - - - - - - - - . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



Monday, February 06, 2006

Proposal & Responses

I'm sure everyone has the jist of my project by now, I won't rehash my proposal for the 463829th time, but if you want to check something (or you're not in my class), the presentation I put together for my proposal is here. (Apologies, but geocities is my only option at the moment for hosting html files, boomspeed's free accounts are too small for pictures, and was too lazy to change my image links.) I'm open to ideas on a lot of the technical things, as well as any other suggestions.

At the moment, I'm trying to sort out what I want to do with transitions, particularly moving from looking at one wall to another.. what I'm leaning toward is when you move your mouse over to the far edge of the screen, it'll switch the view to that of the adjacent wall - that way, there's no out-of-place looking button, but it's still easy to stumble on. But I don't know if I should do a straight cut to it, slightly fade it, or what.. (Re-playing Myst, I tried using the sliding-over transitions, and found that though I used to like them, I now find them annoying, and would rather have a straight cut to the new view, so leaning toward that.)

And any suggestions on sound would be hugely appreciated, I haven't worked with it much at all yet (though I started out a pre-music student here, so I know what I'm doing in terms of actual sound..just not the technology end).

edit: ahhhhhh dan you proved my paranoia right, knew I should've posted this before getting dinner.. ^^;

a later edit: and yes I know my warddrobe and bookshelf and little cabinet-thing are all a bit lopsided. That's why these are test-sketches. (Really need to learn to be sitting at right angles to my sketchbooks.. -_-; )

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe Picalila said...

I am still trying to piece together from what I remember in NMW and your revamped version of the project you are doing now. I really like the idea that it is going to be a website project that anyone can go to and that everyone can find out "little secrets" and whatnot. I have a few questions. First, how much of a time span is the room going to go through? Second, will there be more than one story, and if so will they interact?

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


. . . . . . . . . . - - - - - - - - - - - . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - - - - - - - - - - - . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - - - - - - - - - - - . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - - - - - - - - - - - . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
My Photo
Name:Melissa Antes
Location:Fredonia, New York, United States
safari sucks like whoa
...
Layout
Snow Crash
Media Artist HW
Homework
Capstone

beneath the dust (novel)
meda495
exp vid - an angel hits the ground
emulsion01
***stardust
my livejournal
Desert Songs
Blogger